Field Fusion Training
Breeze Your Way Through the IECC’s Latest Air Barrier Requirements
Presenter: Nathan Kahre
Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2020
Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM MDT
Hosted by: EnergyLogic
The latest air barrier requirements are coming for commercial buildings in Colorado. Denver’s latest adoption of the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) includes requirements for air barrier verification and air leakage testing and is a vital part of the recently published 2021 IECC. Air barrier verification and testing has been a key piece of energy code compliance for residential and low-rise multi-family construction but is foreign to most commercial construction.
This webinar will focus on the basics of air barrier verification and blower testing from pre-construction requirements through essential inspection and testing points revealed throughout the construction process.
- Identify code changes in the Denver building code and the 2021 IECC
- Evaluate the basics of air barrier verification and blower door testing
- Determine the impact on the design and construction of commercial buildings
Past Field Fusion On-Demand Webinar Recordings
Risky Business: Why Every Builder Needs Quality Assurance
Recorded: March 2021
- Establish best practices for implementing quality assurance programs
- Understand the difference between quality control and quality assurance
- Review examples of quality assurance in action
Air Seal Smarter!
Recorded: November 2020
- Why energy codes require air leakage testing
- Top areas to air seal
- Hands-on view of common leakage points
3 Pillars of Boosting Sales with Indoor airPLUS™
Recorded: June 2020
- Identify specific program requirements to easily adopt in your current scope of work practices
- Establish how verifying homes under the IAP program can differentiate you from competitors
- Discover how to simplify the home buyer experience and make working with you an obvious choice
HVAC Design & Installation - Why It's a Problem for Builders, and How to Fix It
Recorded: May 2020
- The basics of how HVAC systems are designed
- Common HVAC issues that lead to comfort complaints
- Why third-party designed HVAC systems may be in your best interest
The Low Down on How to Ventilate a Home, and Why
Recorded: May 2020
- Why ventilation is important
- Ventilation vs. filtration
- Identify different types of ventilation systems
- How to explain ventilation to a homeowner
Indoor Air Quality & a Healthy Home - The Next Trend in Home Performance
Recorded: April 2020
- What do we mean by a “Healthy Homes” … and what do we not?
- What guidelines and programs exist to improve indoor air quality in homes?
- What are the key features you want your next build or remodel to have?
Stay in the Loop!
Sign up for Field Fusion Updates!
Helping You Achieve Your Goals through Quality Training
We train building professionals on the importance and benefits of energy efficiency.
Our goal is to meet you where you are, with training that is relevant and approachable. From there, we'll join you on the journey of building better living spaces.
Our training turns even skeptics into believers, by demonstrating that it’s possible to be energy efficient and affordable, resulting in a better product.