Passive House PHIUS+ Certification
Ready to Explore the Edge of Building Performance?
Working with PHIUS means commitment to making high-performance passive building the mainstream market standard!
Passive House is a program of Passive House Institute US (PHIUS). PHIUS has created the ecosystem for training and certifying people, projects, and materials as the leading trainer and certifier of both professionals and projects in North America.
Buildings built to the PHIUS+ standard are incredibly efficient, have excellent indoor air quality, are comfortable and resilient. Passive House buildings are inherently well along the path to zero energy and carbon.
PHIUS+ Certification Overview
Passive building comprises a set of five design principles used to attain a quantifiable and rigorous level of energy efficiency within a specific quantifiable comfort level. The benefits of PHIUS+ Certification include:
- PHIUS+ Climate-Specific & Cost-Optimized Performance Metrics
- Comprehensive Design and Energy Model Review
- Rigorous Quality Assurance
- Earn U.S. DOE Zero Energy Ready Home (ZERH) status
- Earn U.S. EPA Indoor airPLUS™ label
- RESNET HERS Index® Score
- Listing on the PHIUS+ Certified Projects Database
Optimize Your Gains & Losses
Passive design strategy carefully models and balances a comprehensive set of factors including heat emissions from appliances and occupants to keep the building at comfortable and consistent indoor temperatures throughout the heating and cooling seasons. As a result, passive buildings offer tremendous long-term benefits in addition to energy efficiency:
- Superinsulation and airtight construction provide unmatched comfort even in extreme weather conditions.
- Continuous mechanical ventilation of fresh filtered air provides superb indoor air quality.
- A comprehensive systems approach to modeling, design, and construction produces extremely resilient buildings.
- Passive building principles offer the best path to Net Zero and Net Positive buildings by minimizing the load that renewables are required to provide.
Your Passive House Project Is in Good Hands!
Project teams are increasingly adopting passive building principles and the PHIUS+ standard to achieve Net Zero buildings. As the leading edge of building performance, Passive House demands a lot of everyone involved as it is not the status quo. Nevertheless, there are Passive House success stories all over the United States, and momentum is growing.
If you’re looking for the next level or already know that you want to build to the highest possible energy performance standard, Passive House may be the right path. EnergyLogic’s team of building science experts is ready to help you with your Passive House project!