Work Smarter Not Harder - Time is Running Out
Compliance requirements got you feeling all bogged down? ENERGY STAR® feels your pain and has come to the rescue with the new Revision 9 checklist and documents!
Published: October 14, 2018
Please note: ENERGY STAR has updated to a newer version. Please reference their website for the most current requirements.
Intended to CLARIFY, SIMPLIFY, and Create Greater EFFICIENCY
We want to ensure that all of our ENERGY STAR partners are taking advantage of the new Revision 9 checklists and documents, and time is running out to get on board. Per ENERGY STAR compliance requirements, any home permitted after January 1st, 2019 must comply with all Revision 9 programmatic changes. This includes using the correct Revision 9 checklists.
We encourage our builder partners to share the National HVAC Design Report and HVAC Commissioning Checklist with their and Field Superintendents and HVAC Contractors to help keep everyone on the same page.
Revision 9 Highlights
- Item 4.2.3: Increased tolerance for Conditioned Floor Area used in HVAC Design Report
- Item 4.2.4: Increased tolerance for window area used in HVAC Design Report
Rater Field Checklist
- Item 6.2: Low-end limit for bedroom pressure differential, test configuration, and other strategies for meeting pressure limit
- Item 6.4 and Footnote 41: Clarification of units for duct leakage tolerance
- Item 7.7.2: Air inlet distance from dryer exhaust
- Updated footnote references
HVAC Design Report
- Item 3.3 and Footnote 12: Design temperate limits added for US Territories
- Item 4.5: Alternative document to AHRI Reference #
- Item 4.21: Increased sizing allowance for furnaces paired with cooling
- Footnote 2: Increased tolerance for window area
Current revision documentation and rater checklists can be found on the ENERGY STAR Partner Resources site, in the right panel menu titled "National Mandatory Measurements".